In response to the growing international competition among universities, systems of ranking are developed which are based on various quantitative and qualitative methods. The media and the active players in the areas of education and research frequently refer to rankings, but they are also met by critique due to the random selection of criteria. Read the experts comments to get a clear idea of the ranking limitations.
We provide you with:
- An overview of how well Swiss universities fared in the three main international ranking lists;
- The possibility of finding all of the universities grouped together according to ranking type and year;
- The main ranking lists (without detailing the results) showing Swiss universities and corresponding links;
- University commentary on their rankings.
Quick access to the rankings by years
- Shanghai: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004, 2003
- QS: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004
- Times: 2012, 2011, 2010
- Leiden: 2010, 2008, 2006